Search for missing Malaysia MH370 plane called off

The end of the fruitless hunt after almost three years means the world’s greatest aviation mystery may never be solved.

The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been called off, nearly three years after the plane disappeared with more than 200 people on board.

Crews have finished their deep-sea search of a stretch of the Indian Ocean without finding a single trace of the Boeing 777, which was travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March 2014 when it disappeared.

There were 239 people on board, including 12 members of crew. Most of the passengers were from China.

The Joint Agency Co-ordination Centre said the £133m search had been officially suspended after crews finished their fruitless trawl of the 46,000-square mile zone west of Australia.

In a joint statement the transport ministers of Malaysia, Australia and China said: “Despite every effort using the best science available, cutting edge technology, as well as modelling and advice from highly skilled professionals who are the best in their field, unfortunately, the search has not been able to locate the aircraft.

“Accordingly, the underwater search for MH370 has been suspended. The decision to suspend the underwater search has not been taken lightly nor without sadness.”

The end of the hunt means the world’s greatest aviation mystery may never be solved.

In July 2015 part of the aeroplane’s wing was found on Reunion Island, and so far more than 20 objects either confirmed or believed to be from the jet have washed ashore on beaches in Mauritius, Mozambique, Madagascar and Tanzania.

Comments

comments

143 thoughts on “Search for missing Malaysia MH370 plane called off

• February 2, 2017 at 6:46 am

Good job maikng it appear easy.

• February 3, 2017 at 6:18 am

LOL I’m not sure what the three stooges were planning but I hope damage inc puts a hurt on them, especially the useless needles. it sucks that brina was rendered unconcious by a talentless French hack whose been coasting on her reputation, but oh well. She will hopefully come back and win.

• February 3, 2017 at 8:35 am

My dear Cookie and Dave,Sometime in my journey of life I experienced the comfort of many timeless traditions that I thought were not necessary when I was in my late teens and early twenties. I am sorry I skipped Bethany’s funeral.You were both part of my college education that gives meaning to the proverb not to let your studies interfere with your education. I always enjoy the chance meetings we share infrequently.God is watching you.I am blessed by you.Eldon Esau

• February 3, 2017 at 11:08 am

I believe avoiding processed foods is the first step to help lose weight. They can taste beneficial, but packaged foods have very little nutritional value, making you consume more to have enough power to get throughout the day. For anyone who is constantly taking in these foods, transitioning to whole grains and other complex carbohydrates will aid you to have more energy while feeding on less. Great blog post.

• February 3, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Andrea sono felice del tuo risultato, ci sono miei pazienti che ringraziano me dopo un anno di avergli segnalato il tuo libro perchè li ha aiutati a capire meglio la situazione, ma sopratutto la storia in cui è inserita.. dato che moltisssimi la ignorano … avanti tutta… un abbraccio Paolo

• February 3, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Nå har vel Robert og fitnessbloggen ettertrykkelig gjort det klart at fitnessbloggen ikke er tilknyttet hva nå enn Robert måtte ha funnet på utenfor bloggen. Så det så det så.

• February 4, 2017 at 2:44 am

Ok, I've got it. Here's the solution.We make the Gold Medal award a two part ceremony. First we give him/her the medal. Second we arrest them for steroid abuse.Just bundle them directly off to jail. All winners of every event are juiced. Why bother with an investigation? Just snap on the cuffs while they play the national anthem.Albertosaurus

• February 4, 2017 at 2:55 am

Arf steam fais toujours d’excellent prix mais je n’ai pas le pc qui suit donc je n’en prends pas puis niveau argent en ce moment :s

• February 4, 2017 at 3:43 am

love girls having a realy open mind i love youthful an men wants swingers club Slocomb Alabama AL d old and any types of womens love to be able to talk by mail or messanger crushed lime stone me a email i can respond a soom is posible. 41456

• February 4, 2017 at 7:59 am

It’s been ages since I weight-trained so I’ve been doing the Beginner moves. If I’m not sore the day after a workout, should I move up and do the Advanced moves instead? Thanks for taking the time to make all these workouts, they’re great!

• February 4, 2017 at 8:08 am

Poxa ja estou tentado baixar esse dvd maior tempao, por favor bota ele de novo ae, pq naum ta indo ou entaum envia pro meu hotmail vlw!

• February 4, 2017 at 8:46 am

I’ve been gone for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I will try and check back more often. How frequently do you update your site?

• February 4, 2017 at 8:55 am

Alors là Piot, je suis déçu de voir que tu n’en avais pas entendu parlé avant. C’est clair que c’est super connu ! Bon perso je n’ai jamais essayé mais encore faut-il en avoir un tube sous la main. Pas évident d’aller faire un tour à la pharmacie du coin pour demander un tube à se coller sous le yeux pour avoir un beau regard 🙂

• February 4, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Great information. I have a Blue Blood German Shepherd and I agree with you that she learns very fast. I have never had to use any correction other than a stern No, and like you say, have patience.

• February 4, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Mich, to ogromnie sie ciesze 🙂 Z Anushka pogadam o kaszy mannej, ciezka sprawa…Ania, oczywiscie ze dam, pamietam!Arek, ach dzikue i "przepraszam" to na wszelki wypadek 😀 swietnie podsumowales problem!Lo, popatrz jest gdzies czekolada z roza, oj i fiolki – zachwycam sie na sama mysl :)Malgosia, wybornie 🙂 Wiesz tak ciagle czegos szukam i przez kompletny przypadek trafiam…

• February 4, 2017 at 8:25 pm

manel dit:Tout est nul je préfére le J’aime lire tout les CD il sont cassés avant méme d’avoir ouvert le Dlire.On s’en excuse platement, d’autant plus qu’il n’y a pas de CD dans Dlire…

• February 4, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Hmmmm, back in the day the Mission was mostly Irish and German, with a dash of Polish. Around the 80′s the Latino gangs started moving in and there was quite a bit more crime and violence. If you prefer that, I hear Oakland is the next urban mecca where I’m sure you can find a nice crime-infested place to live where you can easily get yourself robbed or shot. Me, I’ll stay here and enjoy the change.

• February 5, 2017 at 12:06 am

Au contraire… I haven’t had a day at the beach yet, believe it or not. It’s been some serious ass-busting since I arrived on the island. Maybe you, Catha and Topsy should come visit so I have an excuse not to work (for the purpose of entertaining “guests”).

• February 5, 2017 at 5:37 am

O ideal é sentir-se bem, como você disse, dançamos de acordo com a música, se o ambiente de trabalho pede uma roupa mais sofisticada, procuramos usá-la da maneira mais confortável possível.Agora hoje por exemplo, meu uniforme de trabalho é short, regata e chinelos havaianas, e do tradicional.Beijos.Tem uniforme melhor?beijo,menina

• February 5, 2017 at 6:37 am

I remember reading Allison’s post and thinking, “She is so right.” I don’t usually keep myself out of the picture on purpose out of any fear of how I look. (Thankfully I’m usually pretty content with my appearance.) Instead, for me, it’s that I’m always the one taking the pictures and I feel so needy and self-absorbed to hand off the camera and say, “Please take one with me in it.” I need to do it more, though, because from each trip there’s usually a couple of token pictures of me and that’s it. … And that’s not enough. Thanks for the heads up on Allison’s upcoming appearance on Katie Couric. I will be sure to set my DVR!

• February 5, 2017 at 10:37 am

the now infamous wish-list and cry for help video, lots of lovely people have been offering to write posts for Give A Brick. The idea to include lots

• February 5, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Elle est très jolie cette histoire, et très émouvante. La grand-mère semble bien plus légère, lorsqu’elle revient s’asseoir …

• February 5, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Thanks for the comments, everyone!And YES RC, that’s it exactly! Everyone will see things differently – and that’s wonderful! It’s important to have your own opinion, it’s just not so good to be nasty about it, even worse to do so online. It just doesn’t do anything positive for all involved. Dialogue, tempered by a willingness to hear others out, is so important!Love the writing community!

• February 5, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Anja – “King Arlo”, love it!What a beautiful day in the life of the Howell family captured. Just being.Impossible to name a fave but for I kinda love the one of Arlo reaching for Dad’s coffee mug. Dad playing peekaboo. And don’t even get me started on Tiffany. Love that another, impromptu shoot came from this.

• February 6, 2017 at 1:27 am

Just a fast hello and also to thank you for discussing your ideas on this page. I wound up inside your blog right after researching physical fitness connected issues on Yahoo… guess I lost track of what I had been performing! Anyway I’ll be back once once more inside the long run to examine out your blogposts down the road. Thanks!

• February 6, 2017 at 2:25 am

Todo esto está pensado con los pies Rafa y gestionado con las patas, vaya que peor no la han podido hacer, efectivamente sobran aeropuertos y creo que el de Lleida va a ser un fracaso tambien.Petonets.

• February 6, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Yet another thing I would like to state is that as opposed to trying to match all your online degree tutorials on days and nights that you end work (considering that people are tired when they get back), try to have most of your classes on the week-ends and only a few courses in weekdays, even if it means taking some time off your saturdays. This is fantastic because on the week-ends, you will be a lot more rested along with concentrated for school work. Thx for the different tips I have mastered from your weblog.

• February 6, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Fox business just did piece on capital flight and the increase in expatriation.The issue is now out in the open. If the admin or dems start making noise, you don’t want to be in front of the exits.

• February 7, 2017 at 5:57 am

how interesting! I love that ad. They are just starting to be more bike friendly in LA which is nice. My neighborhood, Santa Monica, is fine but I don't know if I'd want to go much further just yet.

• February 7, 2017 at 8:52 am

These are such amazing pictures! Aubrey and Jake’s wedding could not have been captured any better than in these beautiful photos. What wonderfull and creative memories you have created for them to look back on for years to come.

• February 7, 2017 at 1:08 pm

The first time I heard about "Painted stork" was in a card game when we were little. Had no clue what it was. Its nice to see this picture, brings back memories of that game.

• February 7, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Penso che il motivo per cui trasmettono quelle fesserie è lo stesso per il quale trasmettono giornalmente e su tutte le reti nazionali gli oroscopi. E purtoppo ci sono persone che credono nei messaggi del più potente dei media.Ray

• February 7, 2017 at 7:08 pm

One small farm, one dedicated chef, one experimenter, one home cook willing to try, at a time. Would you ever consider talking to the kids at CPS about this? I’d be happy to set that up –getting young peoples’ minds around the concept would be magnificent.

• February 7, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Forest Street union Church has been sending goodie bags to Afganistan where one of our members is stationed along with the platoons stationed with him. We would like to gather things or money to ship merchandise so they may have a Merry Christmas.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:49 am

Is it just me or is the whole “unbiased” complaint trotted out to defend the libs and dems and ignored when the conservatives and conservative parties are being demonized? I suppose there are some exceptions as whiny is not limited to one party, but Mike you have been camping on this unbiased thing on multiple posts. Take a hint: TTAG folk are generally pro-gun and anti-gun grabber

• February 8, 2017 at 2:05 am

I’ve had the exact same thought about the PB and Kiss cookies. Plus, the kisses are milk chocolate! What a waste. I like your spin off better. And great, vivid photo.

• February 8, 2017 at 4:14 am

I such as the significant info you provide you with in the posts.I’ll bookmark your web page and investigate again right here often.I am pretty convinced I’ll understand loads of new things perfect below! Very good luck for the next!

• February 8, 2017 at 6:09 am

Carla Romero 04.11.2008 at 6:00 pm · É muito bom ler, ouvir, falar e refletir sobre fotografia. Fiquei feliz com mais essa iniciativa. Ótima a idéia de juntar o blábláblá da Cia de Foto com a linguagem multimídia do Garapa. Sou fã dessas turmas. Os dois coletivos trouxeram ar fresco para a fotografia brasileira, conseguem abordá-la de um modo inovador. Suas idéias e projetos despertam a atenção de uma audiência que está cansada de tanto ver sempre o mesmo. Vida longa ao Garapa e a Cia.

• February 8, 2017 at 11:48 am

Palabras que calan hondo: AMOR, SOLIDARIDAD, FAMILIA, AMISTADES. ¿Que nos está pasando? ya no tenemos tiempo para ser felices, lo gastamos todo en consumir y devorar al planeta. Si no apagamos el switch del consumismo y de la ambición vamos a morir TODOS intoxicados por nuestros propios sub-productos que son el odio y el resentimiento. Muy bién por el Presidente de Uruguay. Un abrazo fraternal.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:25 pm

I do agree with all the ideas you have introduced to your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for novices. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

• February 9, 2017 at 1:52 am

slm arkadaşlar bende 1 yıldır yaşıyorum bu hastalığı yukarda arkadaşın yazdığı gibi ilacın hiç bir etkisi olmuyor aksine kendizini içmeyince dahada kötü hissediyorsunuz bence iradenizle yenmeye çalışın ben ilaçları bırakınca kendimi daha iyi hisettim ama nöbetlerim kapalı alanlarda,sıkıntılı dönemlerimde devam ediyor zamanla alışıyor insan kafanıza takmayın çok daha kötü hastalıklarla uğraşan insanları düşünün ve benimki bunların yanında nedirki?deyin ve rahatlayın

• February 9, 2017 at 4:09 am

He didn’t read it either…no one did..not in toto…it’s too big and the time was too short…ridiculous….another cover for a ton of typical Democratic Pork!

• February 9, 2017 at 6:29 am

Bianka, akkor hova mentek?Padparadsa, ez a cél. Ha már a felelÅ‘s szerveknek nem megy, majd nekem…:))És köszönöm, készülünk még! A gumimatrac félig felfújva a csomagtartóban várakozik…:)

• February 9, 2017 at 6:48 am

Ron,No one makes spindles, no matter how tempting it may be (if you find them) don’t use springs (very serious alignment issues) instead use our 3″Dream Beams for your 68 F100. they replace your factory parts in the factory mounts and give you a 3″ drop, no muss no fuss! Check them out here at the DJM Tech

• February 9, 2017 at 8:13 am

giusto Pietro …nel tentare di dire tutto ho dimenticato di richiamare il bisogno psicologico!Ogni prodotto che acquistiamo trasmette un messaggio e credo che poco abbia a che fare con il sentirsi esclusi … solo perche non si sa giocare…altrimenti mio nonno di 86 anni dovrebbe continuare ad usare la macchina da scrivere anziche … WORD di windows.Poi voglio dire proff , parlando di film.. ma lei vuole mettere Moccia contro ritorno al futuro ? lo so … non so concorrenti … ma …voglio di … hehehe

• February 9, 2017 at 8:15 am

Soy autonoma y cotizo el minimo, Si modifico y elevo mi base de cotizacion, en los plazos legales para que tenga efecto la subida antes del parto, ¿cobrare en relacion a mi base de cotizacion nueva o la anterior?En caso negativo que plazo de carencia se toma en consideracion para aumentar el pago de la prestacion por maternidad

• February 9, 2017 at 8:57 am

It was one of my favorites too…and re-reading it kind of reminded me why. How fucking great would it be to have a cupboard that turned your toys alive!!!!?!?! Toy Story totally ripped off the fantasy of Indian In the Cupboard.

• February 9, 2017 at 10:01 am

( 2012.02.12 18:28 ) : Although, regardless how positive you truly are in treating an actual platform, at some point you can find an incident wherever you need to want to do some folks regular supervision; and in addition dependant on your real age and in addition wellbeing, and so the body-weight employing the caravan it is really a completely hard do physical exercise. caravan touch up paint

• February 9, 2017 at 7:32 pm

to me that if I happened to be in the company of someone who I admired, respected or someone that I could learn from, then I should keep quite and just listen. I have followed this advice for around 3 decades and still find it exceptionally valuable.In contrast I find young people that come to work for me, apply for jobs and interact with me on a sales or business level often take the opposite approach which is to thier detriment.Dale GillhamWealth Within Pty Ltd

• February 9, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Jag undrar bara hur stora mormorsrutorna skall vara.Går det bra med vilka färger som helst och skall kanten vara i någon särskild färg?

• February 10, 2017 at 3:17 am

If you have had trouble conceiving a baby or just want to understand your fertility cycle better, you may have heard of the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor.  My wife and I bought one last fall with the intent of using it initially to help us get pregnant and then later as an additional tool in our practice of Natural Family Planning.

• February 10, 2017 at 5:37 am

I noticed this last year when I was trying to use some 19th-century translations of Judaica for one of my courses, and again this spring when I was looking for "Bible History" books from the public domain, to adapt to my own nefarious purposes for a Bible intro course. But of course, that merely reinforces (rather than extends) Holger’s point, since he’s UK-based too.

• February 10, 2017 at 5:38 am

Great presentation Simon, very informative and delivered with great humour and fun. Some great tips for small business, many thanks…Doug therubbershop

• February 10, 2017 at 5:56 am

Jacques Barozzi | le 02 novembre 2010 à 20:04Voyez-vous, je n’avais pas 20 ans quand j’ai lu « le bonheur des tristes »: alors pour la précision: vous écrivez comme CHEZ Sagan..:Vous voulez dire que des écrivains dans l’oeuvre de Sagan et Houellebecq !

• February 10, 2017 at 6:53 am

what’s your gripe with Barkha? In all sincerity, I am asking this question not to provoke an argument but from genuine interest. Given the limited coverage I have seen on NDTV here in UK, I didn’t find her that offensive. I am sure there are more dramatic and condescending reporters on Star News than her.

• February 10, 2017 at 9:49 am

Meu Amigo C.V.Nestas coisas de homenagens, como noutras, não sou fundamentalista. A Terra quiz honrar os seus falecidos, aqueles que seriam queridos se ainda cá andassem, por isso decidiu juntá-los num monumento evocativo.Mau, mau… é desconhecermos a história, é a perda de laços entre a comunidade.E Matosinhos manifesta-se com orgulho dos antepassados.Aí vai um abraçoJD

• February 10, 2017 at 10:36 am

I loved up to you’ll receive carried out right here. The caricature is attractive, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you want be delivering the following. sick indubitably come further earlier again as precisely the same nearly a lot often inside case you protect this hike.

• February 10, 2017 at 10:59 am

நீங்க்ள் ஐ.எஸ்.ஐ கு எப்ப்டிவேனா முஸ்லிம் ஆதரவு கொடுங்க! ஆனா உங்களால் இந்தமாதிரி வெளீபடையாக ஒரு எதிரி நாட்டு உளவு தீவிரவாத அமைப்புக்கு ஆதராவக பேச முடிவது இந்தியாவில் மட்டும்தான் முடியும் ! இந்தியா இதுபோல் எவ்வளவொ துரொகங்க்ளை பார்த்திருக்கிறது! உங்கள மாதிரி அறிவு ஜீவிகள் எங்கள மாதிரி ஆளுங்களுக்கு கண்னை அடிக்கடி திறந்து வைங்யுங்கன்னே திறந்து வையுங்க

• February 10, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Esse site é muito bom, sempre postando jogos novos. Mas, porque vocês não postam jogos no Media Fire ou no JumboFiles. É melhor pra baixar. Obrigado.

• February 11, 2017 at 2:30 pm

La Nerthe 2004 drack jag för inte så länge sedan, och tyckte att den hade hämtat sig fint från en utflykt rätt djupt ned i tunneln. Jag var beredd att koka fond på resten av flaskorna, men det är ju så fint ordnat med châteauneuf att de faktiskt kommer ut på andra sidan. Får se hur era beter sig.Köttsaft, peppar och lavendel är en livsfarlig parning.

• February 11, 2017 at 2:53 pm

142BUENOS DIAS, SOY SALVADOREÑO Y PERIODISTA DE PROFESIÓN, SOY EMPLEADO Y ME GUSTARIA SABER QUE PUEDO HACER PARA PARTICIPAR EN UNA ASOCIACION ALTRUISTA, YO TAMBIEN DECEO EN MI CORAZÓN PODER AYUDAR A PERSONAS QUE LO NECESITEN Y CONTINUAR LA OBRA DE DIOS.DIOS LES BENDIGA

• February 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm

illegals have the same rights and privileges as citizens. Liberals would say, “Why should illegals die so citizens live? We’re all human.” And so would begin ongoing debate and legal actions that would stonewall distribution of the vaccine. Meanwhile millions of citizens die. Some states would simply give illegals the serum as they did driver’s licenses. (So now we have illegals with valid ID). It’s agreed that ID cards are necessary to prevent fraud. But the example cited is faulty.

• February 11, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Ah mais je n’avais pas tout vu.Illinois (2066), Idaho (3462), New Mexico (2365), Minnesota (2632), New Hampshire (3208), à nouveau l’Illinois avec 2964 signatures, Georgia (4693), Rhode Island (2853), la Virginie avec 5331, Wisconsin (3975), Utah (4627)…Eh ben. Ils essayent.

• February 11, 2017 at 9:48 pm

I just want to say I am beginner to weblog and really savored you’re web site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your site . You really come with excellent articles and reviews. With thanks for sharing with us your website.

• February 12, 2017 at 12:21 am

Impact regarding will likely be an individual even more dental so that you can that used to be installed on former happenings even though drawing out more economical piece of fruit cheap mac makeup foundation. Often the walk connected to making use of impact regarding deviates together with the dental appeal together with the alluring software programs connected to blusher can make your mouth appearance a great deal more point in time or simply perhaps even more, given that desirable. Segments approaches to implement even though making use of impact regarding:

• February 12, 2017 at 2:09 am

Olá Juliane Ulrich, li seu comentário sobre o porjeto “Direito de Ouvir”, adquiri um aparelho do projeto há 5 anos, relamente os valores foram em torno de 70% mais baixos do que outros orçamentos que fiz, além de parcelados em até 10X; O aparelho é ótimo; hj estou adquirindo um novo aparelho devido ao desgaste do primeiro, o atendimento contiua ótimo.

• February 12, 2017 at 4:47 am

В Екатеринбурге. Поло седан. Черный. Комфортлайн. 515000 + очередь. Придет в салон 15 мая. Уже отзвонились из салона. Ответ нужно дать 10 мая. 8-904-987-16-57.

• February 12, 2017 at 5:22 am

Derick MckissackPosted on June 1, 2010I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.Reply

• February 12, 2017 at 9:48 am

Trovo notevole che il primo commento a questo post sia di un uomo, che rimprovera a Zanardo il “femminismo all’acqua di rose”. E che poi continui per un’altra dozzina di righe a parlare di quello che dovrebbero fare le donne, lasciando un accenno ai “machi” tra parentesi.Vito, e tu che fai? Ci parli sol di donne? Quanto ci parli con i “machi”? Che fai per loro? Agli altri maschi che conosci che dici?Niente?

Comments are closed.